This is a bit of a rough draft - but it does explain why we are creating this sex study (and philosophy website).
Philosophy has largely neglected sex, yet sex is clearly central to human existence (survival of the species) and thus central to our lives. However, it is a little disconcerting for philosophers to put up such sexually provocative pages. So we hope people will respect our intentions, that truth about sex (without censorship) is more important than being politically correct and abiding by our social customs.
Below is a list of the main reasons for why we have undertaken this sex study.
1. Philosophy is both theoretical and practical, founded on the principle that we must know the truth to act wisely. Given that a large percentage of the world's population base their sexual beliefs and practices on cultural / religious myths which are not true (and cause untold harm and suffering) we believe it is important to contribute sexual knowledge based upon science and evolution.
2. Human beings are sexual creatures. Sexuality is universal.
3. It's interesting. It has been a fascinating journey researching and writing about sexuality on this website.
4. Sex is popular. There are around 100 sex related searches for every 1 philosophy / science related search on the Internet. While sexuality is interesting, we hope some of our visitors will also read on these other important subjects on our website.
5. It's helpful. By learning more about our evolved sexual nature, we can understand ourselves and others more deeply. Many people from different cultures don't have access to quality information. I have answered many emails from people who write to me asking basic questions.
TO BE COMPLETED .....
Because sex is such a powerful and primitive instinct it arouses strong emotions in humans, and this is reflected in our cultural conditioning and the social values that we have created (largely founded on myths and religious beliefs). We need just consider the passionate debates about homosexuality, abortion, pornography, etc. and the problems of sexual abuse in certain churches to see that this is true. Freud is correct, conflicts between our culture and our instincts do cause our societies harm - and the only way to overcome these problems is to understand the truth about our evolved sexual instincts and their relation to our cultural evolution.
So then the obvious question arises:
"How do we determine the truth of our human sexuality".
Well there have been several famous studies (e.g. Kinsey Report, Masters and Johnson, Hite Report) that have made some progress, though they suffer criticism as to the validity of their results, e.g. size of sample population, cultural and socioeconomic factors, bias in formulating the questionnaires and honesty in answering them! However, with the rapid evolution of the internet we now have a source of sexual data (what people actually search related to sex) that does not suffer from the above limitations. ...
This list of Internet sex related search results is a remarkable source of data for better understanding the truth about our sexual nature. As this study shows, when we consider human sexual behaviours based on both evolution and ecology, we find a certain harmony between what we can deduce humans will find sexually interesting and provocative, and the actual Internet search results.
By being exposed to such a large diversity of sex search terms, it opens your mind to interesting relationships between various sexual behaviours, which is both good for research and cultivating a better, more creative sexual self. i.e. We think this method will prove to be very illuminating and useful for better understanding our sexuality, necessary for a wiser more creative human sexual behaviour.
To be completed
I deal with the obvious. I present, reiterate
and glorify the obvious ,
because this is what people need to be told. (Dale Carnegie)
The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards. (Arthur Koestler)
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication (Leonardo da Vinci)
1. Sex is central to human existence.
2. Many people have poor sex lives because they have been raised with 'sex negative' cultural myths & religious beliefs.
3. To improve human sexual behaviour it is important to understand our true evolved sexual nature.
4. To continue to have a habitable planet (that our species can survive and have sex on!) requires founding our society on the truth about our evolution and connection with not just Nature, but physical reality as a whole.
5. The most simple sensible obvious explanation of reality clearly works.
Of the four fundamentals that we all commonly experience (mind
and the motion of matter in space),
only Space is the One Thing that we all commonly experience
(there are many minds and material things, motion requires something to
move). By describing reality most simply from the foundation of space (thus
there are no matter 'particles'), and given the particle / wave duality
of light and matter, the only solution is that matter is really formed from
the wave motion of space.
This then leads to the spherical standing wave structure of matter in space which simply deduces the fundamentals of Quantum Theory, Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and Cosmology by solving the central problems of Physics, Philosophy and Metaphysics (by solving Hume's Problem of Causation and Necessary Connection, i.e. how everything in the universe is interconnected by waves in Space).
6. Clearly our world is in deep trouble (overpopulation, cultural / religious / economic conflicts and wars, agriculture and the destruction of Nature, climate change, polluted air, water and land, etc.) Thus wisdom / knowledge founded on truth and reality is now very important to Humanity. Most importantly, the Internet is a very efficient medium for sharing true knowledge - the truth about our evolved sexual nature, the truth about our evolution as part of nature / the universe.
We have set up the following 'help discuss truth and reality network' that makes it easy for you to discover numerous popular quality sites (where you will find like minded people and pages), while at the same time helping to promote an open honest discussion on the truth and reality of both our human sexuality / reproduction and our physical existence in the universe (which are obviously related). Thanks! Karene and Geoff
In a time of universal deceit, telling the
truth is a revolutionary act. (George Orwell)
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. (Mohandas Gandhi)
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke)
Hell is Truth Seen Too Late. (Thomas Hobbes)
Analyse any human emotion, no matter how far it may be removed from the sphere of sex, and you are sure to discover somewhere the primal impulse, to which life owes its perpetuation. ... The primitive stages can always be re-established; the primitive mind is, in the fullest meaning of the word, imperishable. ... Mans most disagreeable habits and idiosyncrasies, his deceit, his cowardice, his lack of reverence, are engendered by his incomplete adjustment to a complicated civilisation. It is the result of the conflict between our instincts and our culture. (Sigmund Freud)
We get a lot of people writing to us asking questions about sex. So we have added an 'Ask a Question' feature to our sexuality pages - to help share questions and answers as a way of helping one another.
Please use Facebook Connect (below) to add your questions / comments - the best questions and answers will be added to the page.
Karene (September, 2012)
Come and say hello to Karene - join a friendly (kind, sexually enlightened, moral) network.
Support an open honest discussion of human sexuality by
sharing this knowledge.
Why we are Involved in the Evolutionary Philosophy of Human Sexuality
Map - Academic
Sexology Studies & Good Quality Sexual / Erotic Sites - Banners
/ Reference Books - Contact
Email - About
Us & Site Statistics - Reasons
for this Sexuality Study - Legal
Truth & Reality
The Spherical Standing Wave Structure of Matter (WSM) in Space
Theory of Reality
Unity of Reality
Logic & Reality
Special & General
of Light & Matter
& Infinite Space
Truth & Reality